This is a great time to think about what you want to accomplish with your gambling this year.
If you are a serious gambler, that is a serious question.
The decisions you make now could make a huge difference in your bottom line when you are adding up your profits at the end of the year.
But even if you are just gambling online for fun, it is a great idea to come up with some New Year’s resolutions. A few simple changes to your routine could result in a lot more fun—and maybe even a lot more profit.
Here are some ideas for New Year’s resolutions which are great for both casual gamblers and pros!
1. Join a new online casino (or several).
When you first find an online casino that you enjoy gambling at, it is easy to fall into a routine with it.
You log onto the same site each day and you play the same games.
You may not even think about it; it is just second nature.
But if that is what you are doing, you are missing out on a lot of fun and opportunity. There are quite a few excellent online casinos out there.
Each of them offers different games, promotions and experiences that you cannot have anywhere else.
So make a resolution this year to try out a few different sites you have not yet. A great way to get started is to check out our reviews.
2. Climb the ranks of a VIP program.
Many of these are offered through VIP programs.
Some sites require you to do something special to gain entry to the VIP program, but many start you out in the bottom tier automatically when you first register an account.
From there, you have a chance to climb based on your gambling activity levels.
The higher you climb in the rankings, the more special benefits you can enjoy.
VIP programs help you get more value out of your online casino membership. You get more bonus money, more free spins, and more tournament invites (see below).
A lot of gamblers never look into how to climb in the rankings, however, and as a result, do not end up taking advantage of these benefits. Sometimes you need to play specific games in order to accumulate the points you need.
It is pretty silly for example if you spend all your time playing slots, but you are not playing the right slots to get the points you need. Slots are games of chance anyway, so you may as well play those which help you earn points.
In 2018, resolve to take a closer look at the VIP programs where you play.
Find out exactly how to advance in their ranks, and then work on accumulating points. When the benefits start rolling in, you will be glad you investigated.
3. Play in a slot tournament.
Have you ever participated in a slot tournament? Slot tournaments are totally awesome for several reasons:
- The pool of participants usually has a set cap on it, and the cap is often pretty low. A lot of tournaments are open to the general public, but many others you can only join if you are invited personally.
- Slot tournaments do not have just one winner. Usually a bunch of people win, for example the top 20 players.
- The entry fee constitutes your entire risk. Quite often, there is no entry fee.
- Slot tournaments are fast-paced and fun, and since you can see the leaderboard at all times, you always know how close you are to being a winner.
- Skill actually does play a minor role, weirdly enough. You cannot do anything to influence the outcomes of your spins of course, but speed matters. You need to try and play through all your credits before the timer runs out.
- So basically, this is a rare opportunity where your risk is limited or nonexistent, but there is actually a pretty good chance that you will come out on top.
- Even if you are not the number one winner, if you are anywhere in the top bracket, you probably will walk away with some kind of a bonus or prize.
- Plus, it is just a different way to experience slot machines.
Usually when you play slots, you have to think about your bankroll constantly or risk blowing through it faster than you want. With a slot tournament, you do not even have that on your radar. You can just focus on having a good time.
So if you have never played in a slot tournament before, make that one of your goals for 2018. You will have a blast, and hopefully walk away richer. Learn more about slot tournaments in our crash course.
4. Manage your money more conservatively.
Something else you can do this year if you are concerned with making a profit is change the way you look at money management.
This is particularly worth thinking about if you use strategies like Martingale to manage your money now.
Martingale is not a smart way to manage your stake sizes.
All it does is trick you into thinking that you are making a great “long term” choice, but in reality, it is bleeding you dry, and it is doing it faster than you realize.
You never reach that “long term” point where it all pays off, because you lose your bankroll trying to get there.
In 2018, consider risking one flat, low percentage of your bankroll every time you play.
This is the most logical way to manage your risk in most cases, because you are not arbitrarily raising or lowering your risk with relation to factors which are outside of your control.
There are exceptions, but most of the time, this strategy is the best way to protect your profits.
It takes longer to grow your bankroll this way, but it makes it a lot more likely you will grow your bankroll instead of blowing it.
5. Try out a cool new game you have never played before.
Most gamblers end up with a few favorite games which they come back to time and again.
Maybe there is a particular slot machine which you are in love with, or there is a particular blackjack or poker game that you cannot get enough of.
There is certainly nothing wrong with playing your favorite games over and over again, but you should not let that take you away from the rest of what your online casino has to offer. Otherwise you could miss out on discovering new favorite games.
Plus, a lot of casinos focus their promotions around games which are brand new, because they need to draw attention to those games. So there are other benefits to trying new games as well, like free spins and bonus cash.
So make this a year to break out of your routine.
Play something different. You never know—you could discover that you really enjoy it!
6. Challenge yourself to learn a new strategy.
Another way you can push yourself to excel in 2018 is by challenging yourself to learn a new technique for playing a strategy-based game.
So if you are playing poker or baccarat or any other game where you can in some way influence the outcome, try a different approach.
If you already have a strategy which works pretty well, go ahead and keep using it—but it is always smart to keep learning and adapting.
For that reason, you should resolve to test new techniques on a regular basis.
I suggest you try this while playing free versions of games first if at all possible, and then try them with real money if you discover they are helpful.
If you currently are playing with no solid strategies on your side, go ahead and make 2018 the year you try playing with a technique for the first time ever. Yes, it is extra work, and if you are a casual gambler, you may wonder why you should do it.
But you might end up really enjoying yourself, especially if you find yourself winning more money.
It could change your entire perception of gambling, and you may very well decide that you want to try and play professionally. Who knows—it could even end up changing your life.
7. Get your first bitcoin and try gambling at a bitcoin casino online.
One more New Year’s resolution for gamblers in 2018 is to try playing with bitcoin.
Cryptocurrencies are a really huge deal right now. Not only are a lot of traditional casinos starting to accept bitcoin and Ethereum, but new casinos which are bitcoin-only also are starting to open their doors.
Here are a few reasons to consider gambling with bitcoin in 2018:
- It is incredibly exciting. Everyone is talking about bitcoin right now, and it is always fun to be part of the action.
- Some of the best new casinos right now are BTC-only. You can take a look at a few of our favorites here. Since these casinos do not take fiat currencies (i.e. USD), you need BTC or other cryptocurrencies to play.
- You can play new games. There are some exciting new games offered by some of these bitcoin casinos that you will not necessarily find anywhere else right now. Nitrogen’s innovative dice game is a great example.
- The bonuses are super high. The bonuses offered by bitcoin casinos are some of the highest you are going to find anywhere. It is not uncommon to see a match deposit offer of up to 5 BTC. High rollers who do not jump on these offers are seriously missing out.
- Your bitcoin itself may take a jump in value. Bitcoin is an investment. Will it go up or down in the coming years? Who knows. There is no certainty at all right now where cryptocurrencies are concerned. But the volatility is exciting, and might be profitable.
Like anything that abruptly becomes very trendy around the world, bitcoin is a bubble. Bubbles do eventually burst, so this is the time to get involved. Ride the wave while you can.
Conclusion: Let 2018 Be the Year You Revolutionize Your Online Gambling
In 2018, there are more opportunities out there than ever for online gamblers to make bank and have a good time.
If you follow through on the suggested resolutions above, you will expand your horizons and enjoy new games, strategies and bonuses. With Lady Luck on your side, you might even enjoy new profits!
More Great Reading